How long will it take for you to edit my work?
Contact us with your word count and we’ll get back to you within one business day with a potential deadline. Typical turnaround time for a 4,000 or fewer word newsletter is two business days, while fiction and nonfiction manuscripts are typically completed two to three weeks after the agreed-upon start date, depending on the word count. If you need your manuscript faster than our standard turnaround, ask us about our expedited read rate.
What kinds of works does Proof Positive accept?
– We work on fiction and nonfiction manuscripts, short stories, blog posts, articles, websites, newsletters, educational materials, and scripts. Don’t see your work listed here? Contact us with a description of your materials.
– Fiction genres include but are not limited to fantasy, science fiction, romance, romantic suspense, chick lit, light erotica, mystery, crime, and horror. Look at our projects page to see what we’ve already worked on.
How can I get a quote?
Use the contact form to submit the details of your project. Within one business day, you will receive a response with your quote and the turnaround time. If you have any special requests or questions, please feel free to include them on the contact form.
Is it possible to get a discount?
If you are a first-time client submitting a fiction or nonfiction manuscript, you will receive a 10% discount off of the service of your choice (one time only discount). If you refer other authors to Proof Positive and they hire us to work on their manuscript, you will receive a 10% discount off your next manuscript.
How can I submit my work?
Once you’ve signed the service agreement, you can email your document to ProofPositivePro [at] gmail.com. As soon as we receive your payment through PayPal, we’ll begin working on your manuscript. See the FAQ below for acceptable formats.
In what format should I submit my manuscript?
We accept both Word and Pages formats, which we will work on using Track Changes and Comments. For the visually impaired, we are happy to work with Scrivener for Mac. If you have a manuscript that has already been published, we can work with the Kindle version and send a list of suggested changes in Word or Pages. We can also mark up PDF documents via Dropbox.
Have a different format? Contact us—we are flexible!
How do you keep my work safe and private?
Your work is never shared and is not stored via cloud or file storage service. The documents you send to us are stored on our antivirus-protected computers and multiple USB drives to ensure that even a computer crash won’t stop our work.
What method of payment do you accept?
Proof Positive accepts PayPal payments only. You can pay us in full before we begin work, or you can send half of your payment before we begin work and half the day before we send your manuscript back.
What style guide and dictionary do you use?
We use Chicago Manual of Style unless otherwise requested, and we are members of the CMOS website so that we can keep up with changes as they are announced. We refer to multiple dictionaries, including Oxford English Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, and Collins. If your work requires a specialized dictionary, we have been known to track down resources like A Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, Obsolete Phrases, Proverbs, and Ancient Customs from the Fourteenth Century and Webster’s Dictionary from 1850.
Does Proof Positive help publicize my fiction or nonfiction book through social media and your website?
Yes, included with the cost of any manuscript service are the following methods of publicity:
- Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram mentions of you and your book with (1) graphic quotes designed by us with compelling quotes from your manuscript and/or (2) your cover art to get the hype started.
- a guest post by you on Proof Positive’s website.
- your cover art permanently posted on Proof Positive’s website with a link to where readers can buy it.