How long will it take?
Email us your word count and we’ll get back to you within one business day with a deadline. Typical turnaround time is 1-2 weeks from the agreed-upon start date, depending on the word count.
How many manuscripts do you edit at a time?
Each editor works on only one manuscript at a time. Each manuscript receives the editor’s full, undivided attention.
What kinds of works does Proof Positive accept?
– Fiction genres include but are not limited to mystery, fantasy, chick lit, crime, horror, romance, science fiction, and light erotica.
– Formats include novels, short stories, poetry, screenplays (strictly descriptions and dialogues, no technical or formatting fixes), and plays (strictly stage directions and dialogue, no formatting fixes).
– Contact us through the Contact Form regarding websites/blogs, or with a description of business, academic, or nonfiction works, including word count, format, and subject matter.
How can I get a quote?
Use the Contact Form to submit the details of your project. Within one business day, you will receive a response with your quote and the date by which we will return your manuscript. If you have any special requests or questions, please feel free to include them on the contact form. You can also email us at ProofPositivePro [at] gmail.com if you prefer.
How can I submit my manuscript?
Once you’ve signed the service agreement, you can e-mail your double-spaced, 11 or 12 point font Word or Pages document to ProofPositivePro [at] gmail.com. As soon as we receive your payment through PayPal, we’ll begin working on your manuscript.
How will my manuscript be edited?
All manuscripts will be edited in Word or Pages using Track Changes and comments.
Did you say that Proof Positive advertises my book through social media and your website?
Yes, we’re happy to include social media advertising of your work as part of Proof Positive’s service. Here are the details :
Pre-release and post-release publicity
Included with the cost of any service are:
- Twitter mentions of you and your book with optional cover art to get the hype started.
- an interview with or a guest post by you on Proof Positive’s website (press releases are also acceptable).
- your cover art permanently posted on Proof Positive’s website with a link to where readers can buy it.
- posts about your book on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+.