We can help you make your writing stand out from the rest.
Whether you’d like support while writing your novel, someone to keep you accountable, or guidance before you’ve started writing, we can help you make your writing shine.
From concept to completion, we’re here to make your work the best it can be.
“If you have loads of book ideas swimming around in your head but can’t seem to finish any of them, or if you’re stuck with how to best market your book, Christie Stratos can help! As a veteran of the indie author trenches, her experience is an invaluable resource. Our coaching sessions have given me greater insight on the business of writing. She doesn’t tell me what to do, she presents me with ideas and techniques to choose from to make my creative process and business management more efficient, while always keeping my short- and long-term goals in mind. I can bounce any idea off of her and she gives me direct and honest feedback. Working with Christie Stratos has been an absolutely wonderful and rewarding experience.”
—Jessa Forest, speculative fiction author
Our coaching can help you with any number of issues, including but not limited to:
- How to infuse emotion into your work
- What showing instead of telling really means and how to implement it
- Building the climax properly and coming down from it
- Starting a story with tension and suspense
- Ending books in a series with cliffhangers that don’t anger your readers
- Cutting down unnecessary details—and what details are unnecessary
- What head-hopping is, how you can tell you’re doing it, and how to avoid it
- What POV is best for your story
- How to write accents, natural dialogue, and dialogue that reflects personality
- Writing dialogue that distinguishes characters from each other and from narration
- Avoiding author voice
- Writing Deep POV
As an experienced and award-winning author and editor, Proof Positive owner Christie Stratos will guide you through any issue you’re struggling with or anything you’d like to learn about.
Let’s talk about how we can help you!
Rate: $100/hour, to be paid before the session via PayPal